Mushrooms have always squicked me out, they make me feel like the other creature in Green Eggs and Ham.. the one who says "I do not like them in a box, with a fox wearing socks." But much like that creature, after trying them at the urging of my best friend, my palette exploded and I discovered that they aren't so bad, they might even be better with a fox wearing socks.
- 1.5 pounds of round white mushrooms (I used 2 14oz cartons of "white stuffer mushrooms)
- 16 ounces of cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 0.5 pound crispy fried bacon (made into small crumbs)
- 0.5 cup of Italian Breadcrumbs
- 3-4 stalks of green onions, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Wipe the mushrooms and remove the stems
- Put cream cheese (it mixes better if it's softened slightly), garlic, green onions, salt and pepper into a bowl and cream.
- Stuff the mixture that you just made into the mushrooms (I transferred the goop into a gallon sized ziploc bag, cut a tip off, and used it as a piping bag).
- Dip the mushroom (the goop end) into the breadcrumbs
- Place on a foiled cookie sheet and set the oven to 350 degrees
- Bake at temperature for at least 20 minutes (depending on the size of the mushrooms)
- Remove from the oven and top with Parmesan.
shared with permission from Meghan Field, for more of her tasty recipes check out her blog "Life of Two Fields"