The occasion for these tasty treats is my best friend's baby shower this weekend, and I've been salivating since I decided these would be the cupcake for the event.
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Banana Cake Mix
- 1 Package Banana flavored Instant Pudding
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts
- Chocolate Chips (I prefer milk chocolate, but if you're planning on being true to the B&J's flavor, dark or semi sweet chips are more accurate)
- Vanilla or Butter-cream Frosting
- Banana Chips (for decoration)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees for a metal pan, 325 for a dark or coated pan, grease sides with shortening or oil spray, or use baking cups for cupcakes
- blend cake mix, instant pudding, chocolate chips, walnuts (so that the nuts and chips are coated in the dry mix, they won't sink as much while baking if this is done first).
- add milk, eggs, and melted butter until all ingredients are well mixed, about 2 minutes.
- pour batter into pan/baking cups
- bake 15-18 minutes
- cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes
- cool completely before frosting.
- melt some chocolate chips and then dip the banana chips in melted chocolate, set aside on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper until chocolate sets