Makes between 10 large or 36 small cookies
1 cup dried cherries (I cut them in half)
1 stick unsalted softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional... I chose not to use them)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with one rack in top third and bottom rack in bottom third of oven. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (roughly 2 minutes)
- Scrape down sides of the bowl, add
- vanilla extract
- Beat to combine, add
- baking soda
- Once combined, add
- white chocolate
- milk chocolate
- Batter should be stiff
- Use large (2 1/2 ounce) or small ( 1 1/4 ounce) ice cream scoop (I used the medium sized Pampered Chef batter scoop) to form balls of dough about 4 inches apart on a baking sheet (I was able to fit nine per sheet).
- Bake until golden and just set, rotating the sheets halfway through to ensure even browning (I found 7 minutes on each rack was perfect), the recipe itself says 12 minutes for small cookies, 15 for large.
- Transfer sheets to a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring cookies to rack.
- Store in an airtight container, recipe says they'll last a week... but I think they'll be long gone before the week is up.
- Transfer sheets