Last year I feel like I did pretty well on the resolutions I made, and I liked them so much that I'll probably continue them throughout 2013 and beyond. What's great about them is that they aren't major lifestyle changes, like giving up carbs or caffeine... but just things to grow me as a person. I've compiled a list of 10 items that I'd like to work on over the next 12 months and I'm ready to share them with you.
- Take the time to appreciate the small things.
- Practice patience and empathy (especially when someone is trying to test my strength).
- Find new music
- Go on as many adventures as possible
- Take lots of pictures of pretty places, both near and far from home
- Go to the gym more (this was the one I failed at last year)
- Write more (while I didn't really work on any short stories this year, I blogged quite a bit more than ever before).
- Engage the Internet trolls a lot less
- Make sure my loved ones know how important they are to me on a regular basis.
- Make time for my friends that don't see as often as I should, ditto for family. If you make time for me, I will find a way to make time for you.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy 2013 and that if you make resolutions that you are able to keep them. If you do not have goals for the coming year, that's okay too, just do your best and make time for the things that make you feel better as a person and make sure you tell the people you care about them how you feel, you never know how much longer you will have them.
Until next time Cheers!