First I want to say Happy 800+!! We made it today, couldn't have done it without you faithful/new readers.
- Per tradition I spent the 4th of July with my bestie and her husband (she has great recipes and DIY projects on her blog, you should take a gander) at her parents house for an annual BBQ, this is the first year my "other parents" weren't in attendance (they were out of town on business) but we still had a wonderful time drinking margaritas, roasting marshmallows, telling stories around the fire pit, and just relaxing with good friends.
- A weekly Girls' Night was started this summer, we've titled it Hot Tub Thursday, even though we might jot always meet on a Thursday or get in the jacuzzi, it's really just a reason for us girlies to get together and not lose track of each other as our lives get crazy. Always make time for your friends and they'll make time for you. Also if you ever need a karaoke buddy, I'm your girl. One of the girls' nights this month we went to a dive bar in Goleta (old town tavern, in case you were interested) and I brought the house down with the classic Bon Jovi song "Livin' on a Prayer" and before you ask, no I wasn't drunk. I just hit the stage and perform. I think it's all those years of dancing as a kid. Put me on a stage and I'll entertain you.
- While my aunt and uncle took a vacation this summer they hired me to watch their house and dog, little did we know my 19 (almost 20) year old cousin would also be home from school for those 10 days. He obviously didn't need a baby sitter but I stayed any way and we had a great time spending one on one cousin time together and I actually was surprised by how much fun I had hanging out with his friends. We had some good talks and I think have a better appreciation of who the other one is. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to do it. I would do it again in a heartbeat without question.
- It's finally happened after a months long dry spell I finally started dating again. Someone I've known for years called me out of the blue one evening, asked me out, and we've been spending a lot of time together since. I can't tell you how great it is to be dating someone who is excited to see you every time you get together, to be involved with someone who can make you laugh so hard that you can't breathe, who can quote all your favorite movies, and who makes you smile all the time instead of making you feel like a crazy person. I'm used to dating the person who makes me insane, I have to say this is such a welcome change.
- While this next paragraph isn't exactly a happy bullet point, it isn't sorrowful either. This month my great grandmother passed away. She was 102 and died in her sleep. Grammy was a fabulous lady and the world is a better place because she was in it for so long. The funeral was the strangest I have ever been to, and in the best way possible. Yes there were moments of sadness, but it was truly a celebration of the long life she lived and loved. There was more laughter than tears. Even the priest was cracking jokes throughout the services. Even though it was under sad circumstances it was really nice to see everyone together on once place and what was even better was to see family members set aside their differences (even if it was just for a few hours) to honor someone we all loved.
- I can't talk about July without mentioning that it is BIRTHDAY MONTH. This year I celebrated the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday, yes people I am 31. Don't feel weird, it's hard for me to believe too. This year I celebrated by going to dinner in SLO with my parents (the June NOLA trip was also part of the celebration); going to a Brad Paisley concert with my sister, dad, and his girlfriend; going to dinner (sushi) and a movie (The Dark Knight Rises) with friends; wine tasting with friends; dinner with my grandma and aunt; going to a Kellie Pickler concert with my aunt; multiple trips to the California Mid-State Fair; and a mini office party at work. I think it's safe to say I'm loved and very lucky to have such fantastic people in my life.