So what has happened in April that has kept me busy, out of (or into) trouble, and has me counting my blessings? All kinds of stuff:
· Spending Easter with my mom’s family and getting to listen to my 10 year old cousin rock the house on his piano. He’s crazy good.
· Springtime Concerts with my brother Frank. We saw DIERKS BENTLEY at the Pozo Saloon and a few other acts. Will Hoge has changed my life, okay that’s exaggerating a bit, but I really like him and I would have never heard of him had I not gone to the Stampede. So that’s one thing I can scratch off my New Year’s Resolution list. I wanted to find new music to fall in love with, and I did exactly that.
· Crashing Bridal Fairs with Meggy, it’s like the pregame to Wedding Crashing. Baby steps, baby steps.
· Cousins’ Weekends in Los Angeles (and minimal traffic on the way down). I got to escape reality for a couple days and go visit Walter and Jake for the weekend, experienced red velvet pancakes, and then my buddy Tess crashed the party in Long Beach for a little girl time after the boys left to other engagements.
· New Gadgets, I was able to get my hands on a Kindle Fire last week and I don’t think my reading list or library will ever be the same. I love technology.
· Shopping days with mom. Nothing beats Mother/Daughter dates, even at nearly 31 its still one of my favorite ways to spend the day
· Discovering my own strength. I finally found it in me to purge some people in my life who were nothing but cancerous tumors on my soul. I stopped making excuses for them and I stopped allowing myself to torture my heart by trying to keep them in my life. I have to say my shoulders are lighter, my eyes are drier, and the bruises on my heart are healing nicely.
· My job. I really like the people I work with (most of the time ;-) ) Plus on Administrative Professionals Day, they bought me flowers, candy, and a Starbucks gift card. They sure know how to make a girl feel loved.
There you have it April in a nutshell. Talk to you next month (or sooner if I get inspired)