I want this to mean more than just a list of cliched but true things that I'm grateful for, friends, family, health, employment, etc... although I VERY MUCH AM grateful for them, I just want to be more specific, and I also want to appreciate the little things in life that can make the difference in a person's day.
So this is what is making me happy this year so far:
- Dance Parties! Two weeks ago I hung out with a friend from HS that I got back in touch with through Facebook, and I've been having a blast getting reacquanted.
- New Friends! My buddy from HS introduced me (re-introduced? apparently we knew each other in HS but don't remember each other) to a new friend and I feel like I've met my long lost twin. Its weird but I feel like I've known her forever already.
- My mom's 50th birthday. I love my mom more than anyone in the world. She's everything to me and I hope she has at least 50 more years with me.
- Chunky Monkey Cupcakes, I sort of invented the most amazing cupcakes ever, no big deal
- Clean Sheets: is anything more cozy and relaxing than the first night with clean sheets on the bed?
- Brews with my bros... seriously unfiltered drinking with boys who have your back no matter what because they're family.
- Finally reaching 500 Sephora points and scored some pretty new OPI nail polish
- Best Friends: Dinners in the village w/ my BFF and her hubby, wine/book club parties w/ Lacey & Joaquin... its what makes things more interesting.
- Meeting a good friend over the phone. Even though we won't meet in person until NEXT SPRING I feel like we'll be great friends for life.
- Fabulous hair and and the extra fabulous friend who does my hair and makes me laugh at myself and all my silliness
- Learning how to control or maybe loosen my grip a little and talk MYSELF down from anxiety attacks (at least the little ones)
- Sleeping all the way through the night. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, its blissful